If you still need water after the severe winter weather San Antonio experienced last month, there are several bottled water distribution sites you should know about. They are being operated by the City of San Antonio, Bexar County and the San Antonio Food Bank through Saturday, March 6.
Residents will be able to pick up one case of bottled water per day per household from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Here are the Drive-Up Bottled Water Distribution Sites:
• Wheatley Heights Sports Complex – 200 Noblewood Dr.
• Brooks – Challenger Dr. @ Research Place
• Texas A&M University - San Antonio - Main Campus – One University Way
• Port San Antonio – 205 Billy Mitchell Blvd.
• SeaWorld San Antonio/Aquatica – 10300 Military Drive West
• Six Flags Fiesta Texas – 17000 IH 10 West
• Food Bank – 5200 Enrique M. Barrera Pkwy
• Our Lady of the Lake University -- 411 SW 24th St
• Community Bible Church – 2477 N Loop 1604 E
• Heroes Stadium – 4799 Thousand Oaks Dr.
• Rolling Oaks Mall -- 6909 N Loop 1604 E
• Bullis County Park, 27583 Old Blanco Rd, San Antonio, TX 78260
• Julius Matthey Middle School, 20350 Red Forest Ln, San Antonio, TX 78264
• Leon Valley Community Center, 6427 Evers Road, San Antonio, TX 78238
• AT&T Center, 1 AT&T Center Parkway, San Antonio, TX 78219
• Emergency Services District 5 Fire & Rescue, 7120 East 6th Street, Somerset, TX 78022
• Emergency Services District 7 Station 116, 18805 Highway 16N (Bandera Road), San Antonio, TX 78023
• Emergency Services District 4, 28036 Boerne Stage Road, Boerne, Texas 78006
The City will also provide bottled water delivery to homebound seniors, San Antonio Housing Authority properties without water, nursing homes, boarding homes, some dialysis facilities and residents with medical needs. These locations have been identified and coordinated with partner agencies. Delivery availability is limited but can be requested by calling 311.
San Antonio Water System also has several water distribution sites across the city that are self-service and are open 24/7 until further notice. Click here to get the list.
In a release, SAWS said customers will be allowed five gallons of water per person and will need to bring their own clean containers to hold the water.
The site will operate from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. each day to assist those experiencing water loss due to this week's winter storms.
Those in need of water in New Braunfels can go to any one of these water distribution locations. Residents need to bring their containers, sizes up to a five-gallon bucket, to the water station for filling. Each location will have a marked route indicating the flow of traffic. New Braunfels is currently under a boil water notice.
Civic and Convention Center
375 S. Castell Avenue
New Braunfels City Hall
550 Landa Street
(At the back of City Hall off of Wood Road)
NBU Main Office
263 Main Plaza
NBU Service Center
355 FM 306
McKenna Events Center
801 W. San Antonio Street
360 Aquatic Circle
The San Antonio Food Bank is also assisting those in need with food and water. If you're in need of food, pre-registration is recommended for those who can use their internet. However, the organization says you will not be turned away if you do not pre-register and you can register on-site.