SAN ANTONIO — Construction, trades and healthcare are just some of the huge industries in San Antonio that are hiring right now. The pandemic put a pause on services and hiring in many companies, but things are roaring back to life in 2021 and there are thousands of job openings.
On Commerce Street, a podcast from KENS 5, a series of episodes is taking a closer look at some of the companies urgently in need of staff and some of the incentives or bonuses they are offering. One company is increasing its pay scale to keep up with the demand, and another company is offering sign-on bonuses for registered nurses.
METHODIST HEALTHCARE SYSTEM
- Thousands of San Antonio employers are looking to hire. If you're looking for a new role, here are some offering multiple positions- some with increased pay, benefits and incentives.
- Methodist Healthcare System is looking for experienced registered nurses, RN case managers, respiratory therapists, and other support positions. There's room to grow, with many positions leading up to leadership roles.
- They've released a new salary structure for RNs, depending on specialty; they're also offering an enhanced sign-on bonus for experienced RNs and other professional positions. They also offer a relocation bonus, employee referral program, tuition reimbursement and student loan forgiveness.
- To learn more or apply for positions, visit their careers website.. They're also holding a career fair on July 15 at Saltgrass Steakhouse in Helotes from 3-7pm for positions with Methodist ER Helotes.
- Stewart Plumbing concentrates on commercial construction,performing many ground-up projects on sites like schools. They mostly operate in and around the San Antonio area.
- They're looking to fill all roles, from apprences to licensed journeymen, with pay ranging from around $12-28, based on experience.
- They offer several benefits, including health insurance, paid holidays, paid vacation, training and continuing education.
- To apply, you can call 210-658-0041 or apply on-site at 8710 Business Court in Converse.
- MEMCO recruits, screens and hires workers for local construction jobs, including general labor, electricians, sheet metal installers, duct installers, plumbers and other roles.
- MEMCO says pay depends on role, experience level and other factors, but that normal rates have risen 2-4$ an hour dependent on position because of the tight labor market.
- To learn more about available positions, call 210-572-1378 or visit MEMCOStaffing.com.
More Recent Spotlights
Architectural Division 8
- Architectural Divison 8 designs, delivers and installs doors, frames, hardware, windows, access control and automated openings to local sites such as schools and hospitals, along with installing glass and aluminum storefronts.
- Currently, they're hiring for delivery drivers,material handlers, commercial door and hardware installation technicians, and glass and aluminum installation technicians.
- They'd prefer experience, but can provide on-the-job training for someone with the right attitude and interest; they do require a background check and drug test.
- Pay range is $14-16 to start, depending on position.
- Benefits include medical, dental, short term and long term disability, a 401k match; it's also an employee-owned company.
- More info/To apply: Click here. Veterans can also attend a job fair on July 8.
The Liberty Group
- The Liberty Group connects workers with local property managers looking for employees. They recruit and screen workers, offer training in some cases, and show available positions across the area.
- Positions include groundskeeping porters, maintenance professionals, lead maintenance workers, leasing agents, assistant managers, managers and executive roles.
- Experience is not necessary for most positions, and training is available for leasing agents.
- Starting pay ranges for $14-$19.65 per hour.
- More info/to apply: Click here. They're also holding a hiring fair July 8 from 10-2 at 1100 NW Loop 410, Suite 510.
SeaWorld San Antonio
- After seeing a big boost in business, SeaWorld is hiring hundreds of employees to meet increased demand.
- Pay is $12/hr for host/hostess, $13/hr for ride operators, $13 for day park quality jobs, $13 for resort services hosts, $12-13 for food service ambassadors, $13/hr for cooks, $14/hr for warehouse workers, $13.50 for security officers and $16/hr for lifeguards, with a $1000 stay bonus for lifeguards that stay all season.
- They're also offering full-time positions that pay more, in areas such as mechanical, carpentry and electrical.
- Experince not necessary; apply at SeaWorldJobs.com
- As Santikos' business ramps back up, they're hiring caterers (line cooks), bartenders, servers, guest experience managers and specialists.
- Benefits include free movies, discounts and bonuses; for caterers/line cooks, there's a $1000 retention bonus; for bartenders and servers, there's a $500 bonus.
- To apply, visit the Santikos website; you can also attend a career fair July 8 at the Mayan from 11am-4pm or July 14 at the Palladium from 11-4.
- 100% of profits go back into the community through the San Antonio Area Foundation.