AUSTIN, Texas — Editor's note: The video published above is Austin FC head coach Josh Wolff's comments to the media on Tuesday, May 18. You can watch the VerdeVUE Pod in the YouTube video below.
KVUE has launched "VerdeVUE Pod," the station's Austin FC podcast. We'll talk about everything: from the match highlights ... to previewing the next game ... and everything in between, such as the players' game day rituals, rapid-fire questions and below-average singing.
Episodes of VerdeVUE Pod will post to KVUE's YouTube page.
In episode 5, Austin FC forward Kekuta Manneh joins Senior Digital Sports Producer Paul Livengood, KVUE Cultural Reporter Brittany Flowers and KVUE Sports Reporter/Anchor Jake Garcia to talk about about his childhood in Gambia and moving to Austin with a foster family, who he's still close with today; how he balances being a professional athlete while observing Ramadan; RAPID FIRE questions, haunted houses and more.
- 1:00 – Jake's the captain, now.
- 2:00 – Brittany gives Jake his first yellow card. How many will he get before the podcast ends?
- 2:25 – Austin FC vs. LA Galaxy recap
- 7:15 – Hector Jimenez goes down with an injury on the first goal by LA Galaxy
- 14:00 – Austin FC forward Kekuta Manneh joins the VerdeVUE Pod
- 14:15 – Kekuta Manneh on the intensity of training between matches
- 16:00 – Kekuta Manneh on his MLS journey before joining Austin FC
- 18:20 – Kekuta Manneh on moving from Gambia, Africa to Austin as a teenager
- 21:00 – Kekuta Manneh speaks about his foster family in Austin
- 23:00 – Kekuta Manneh on creating scoring chances immediately against LA Galaxy
- 26:00 – Kekuta Manneh talks his first appearance with extended minutes as a substitution; 8-game road trip to start the season
- 28:00 – Kekuta Manneh talks about balancing the life of being a professional athlete and observing Ramadan in the midst of MLS season
- 30:00 – Kekuta Manneh on his experience with teams and their reaction to him observing Ramadan
- 32:55 – Kekuta Manneh on being the youngest player in MLS to score a hat trick
- 34:25 – RAPID FIRE QUESTIONS: Brittany asks Kekuta the HARDEST-HITTING questions of the ENTIRE podcast, per usual
- 40:00 – Kekuta Manneh tells us which animals scare him
- 42:00 – What is Kekuta Manneh's worst fear?
- 43:30 – Brittany asks Kekuta to go to a Haunted House
- 44:45 – Kekuta Manneh isn't scared on the pitch ... when he flips the switch
- 45:45 – Kekuta Manneh teases his goal 1st Austin FC celebration
- 47:45 – Josh Wolff said the team lacked energy in the first half vs. LA Galaxy, is the constant road games taking a toll?
- 50:45 – Soccer 101: Stoppage time
- 57:15 – Jake gets another yellow card from Brittany ... he's ejected from the podcast (kidding)
- 1:00:00 – Jake's hypothetical 300th-minute game
- 1:00:30 – Nashville SC preview
- 1:01:50 – Alex Ring returning after red card suspension
- 1:02:30 – Is this Austin FC vs. Nashville SC game a "must win"?
- 1:03:30 – "Seattle is a wagon, as the youth say" – Jake
- 1:06:00 – Brittany gets a yellow card ...
For the latest Austin FC news, visit kvue.com/austinfc. And to get the latest Austin FC news straight to your phone, text "SOCCER" to 512-459-9442.
PEOPLE ARE ALSO READING: