CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — The Padre Island National Seashore will close vehicular access to North Beach and South Beach.
- Day use on Malaquite Beach in front of the visitor center.
- Day use at Bird Island Basin (Part of Bird Island Basin is closed due to ongoing construction).
- Day use and overnight parking at the boat ramp.
- Indoor restroom and shower facilities at the visitor center pavilion.
- Vault toilets at the north end of the visitor center parking lot, Bird Island Basin day use area, and boat ramp.
- Outdoor rinse off showers at the north end of the visitor center parking lot.
- Visitor Center.
- Malaquite Campground, including dump station.
- Bird Island Basin Campground.
- Day-use and primitive camping on North and South Beaches.
- Yarborough Pass.
PINS released a statement via Facebook:
“The health and wellbeing of visitors and employees at Padre Island National Seashore remains our top priority. We continue to work closely with the National Park Service Office of Public Health using Center for Disease Control and Prevention guidance to ensure public areas and work spaces are safe and clean for visitors, employees, partners and volunteers. Modifications to operations will be flexible, continually evaluated and adjusted as necessary to ensure public health and safety."
PINS will re-open Saturday, August 1, at 6:00 a.m.
Bird Island Boat Ramp and Malaquite Beach pedestrian access remain open. Camping inside the park is not allowed.
For the latest updates on coronavirus in the Coastal Bend, click here.
More from 3News on KIIITV.com: