x
Breaking News
More () »

San Antonio's Leading Local News: Weather, Traffic, Sports and more | San Antonio, Texas | KENS5.com

Storage building catches fire after improper disposal of cigarettes, fire crews say

An arson investigator said this is the second time in the past seven months this storage building has caught fire.

LEON VALLEY, Texas — A fire next to a Mexican restaurant damaged a storage building, and it's not the first time this building has caught fire, the Leon Valley Fire Department said.

The incident took place around 9:45 p.m. Sunday in the 6700 block of Poss Road.

Fire crews were called to the Chachos on Poss. When they arrived, they found the fire coming out of a storage building next to the restaurant.

The fire was extinguished in 10 minutes, but the estimated damage totals around $25,000, authorities said.

An arson investigator said this is the second time in the past seven months this storage building has caught fire. The cause of the flames — improper disposal of cigarettes, he said. 

No injuries were reported.

RELATED: Buda restaurant a 'total loss' after fire, officials say

RELATED: Caught on camera: Jaws of life used to rescue man trapped in truck

RELATED: SAFD: Firefighter with flu-like symptoms to undergo coronavirus testing