SAN ANTONIO — A number of streets near downtown San Antonio will be closed for much of the day Sunday as Síclovía brings people outside.
The YMCA of Greater San Antonio organizes the event that turns city streets into a safe place for exercise and play. Participants will be enjoying walking, biking, exercise classes, activities for youth, treats for their pets, food trucks and more as part of the free event.
Beginning at 9 a.m., the Síclovía route will close starting at North Main Avenue near San Antonio College and down Lexington Avenue to Augusta Street. The route will continue on Brooklyn Avenue and North Alamo Street and will stop at Maverick Park on Broadway and Jones Avenue. The route reopens at 3 p.m.
The following streets will be closed Sunday:
- Jones Avenue and North Alamo Street, northbound
- Avenue B and Brooklyn Avenue
- Brooklyn Avenue and North St. Mary’s Street
- Augusta Street and McCullough Avenue
- West Quincy Street, East Quincy Street and Lexington Avenue
- East Elmira Street and Lexington Avenue
- West Cypress Street, East Cypress Street and North Main Avenue
- East Ashby Street
- West Ashby Street and North Main Avenue, northbound
If you want to participate in the event on foot, there is no need to register and no required course to follow. For more information about parking and events happening as part of the event, visit the YMCA website.