SAN ANTONIO — It's June and that means it's Pride Month. There are lots of way to commemorate the month and celebrate the LGBTQ+ community.
LGBTQ+ Pride Month happens in June to commemorate the Stonewall riots, which occurred at the end of June 1969. You can read more about the history of Pride Month here.
President Joe Biden on Tuesday issued a proclamation recognizing June 2021 as LGBTQ+ Pride Month.
Here is a running list of ways you can celebrate here in San Antonio:
- June 11: The Rainbow Drag Ball, 7 p.m.
- June 13: Pickleball & Pride, 3 p.m.
- June 13: Celebrate PRIDE: Drag Show, 4:30 p.m.
- June 21: Pegasus Pride Pageant, 6 p.m.
- June 23: Free Britney Rally and Show, 12 p.m.
- June 23: Fiesta Frenzy 2021
- June 24: RuPaul’s Drag Race All Stars Viewing Party, 7 p.m.
- June 25: Night Out at the Zoo, 6 p.m.
- June 26: Pride Block Party 2021, 4 p.m.
- June 26: RAM Party, 9 p.m.
- June 26: RAW Pride Party, 10 p.m.
- June 26: Pegasus presents Fiesta Pride with Roxxxy Andrews, 7 p.m.
- June 26-27: Pride on the Strip block party
- June 30: Give Out Day