Help provide thousands of students with the school supplies they need to succeed in school!
The Stuff The Bus campaign is happening now to collect school supplies for kids in need across San Antonio. Communities In Schools, in partnership with KENS 5, is the organization behind this campaign. For more than 30 years, it has helped connect students and their families to needed resources, including supplies.
Due to the efforts of many community supporters, thousands of local students are provided with the tools they need to be successful. School supplies are available to all students year-round at over 90 school campuses that Communities In Schools of San Antonio serves.
Many community corporate supporters are opening their doors to accept school supplies for the campaign throughout the month of July.
The most needed items are:
- Binders (2" & 3")
- Glue sticks
- Composition books
- Folders (with brads & pockets)
- Pens & pencils
- Dividers (5 & 8 subjects)
- Backpacks (clear or mesh preferred)
- Map pencils
- Pencil sharpeners
- Index cards
The final big collection event, Stuff The Bus Day, takes place August 3 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at all participating H-E-B locations in San Antonio.
Here's how you can help:
- Donate online at www.cissa.org/donate
- Text to Donate: Text "STB19" to 44321
- Call the KENS 5 Phone Bank on July 23 from 4-7 p.m.
- Drop off supplies at participating corporate supporter locations... Click for the complete list!
- Donate school supplies or make a monetary donation at H-E-B from July 22 - August 3
- Participate in "Stuff The Bus Day" events at H-E-B locations on August 3
We greatly appreciate your support to help students start their school year with all the tools they need to be successful.
KENS Cares is a partnership between KENS 5 and Methodist Healthcare. When it comes to community, KENS Cares!