A new outdoor movie series celebrates the long and storied film history of San Antonio as part of the city’s 300th anniversary.
Texas Public Radio, the San Antonio Film Commission and Slab Cinema are teaming up to present six free outdoor screenings of films shot in San Antonio.
Organizers plan to host the movies at or near the actual locations the films were shot.
Here is a full list of the movies and their locations:
• March 17: WINGS at Fort Sam Houston’s Quadrangle
• March 20: MISS CONGENIALITY at Arneson River Theater
• April 7: VIVA MAX! at Hemisfair Park
• May 2: THE SUGARLAND EXPRESS at South Park Plaza
• May 9: SELENA at the Central Library
• May 21: GO DOWN, DEATH at Sunset Station*
Start times for the movies will vary depending on the time of sunset on each night.