NUECES COUNTY, Texas — The Delta variant of COVID-19 has been spreading throughout the country.
So, has Nueces County seen any verified cases of the Delta variant?
We turned to the folks at the City-County Health District for a response.
"I'm glad to say that fortunately we have not had any Delta variants here in Nueces County, not as of yet," Annette Rodriguez with the district said. "That does not mean that it's not coming, but right now, we have not gotten any reports of Delta variant in Nueces County."
Rodriguez said she recommends anyone who hasn't gotten vaccinated should do so.
The vaccines are widely available. If you want to know where to get one, click here.
For the latest updates on coronavirus in the Coastal Bend, click here.
More from 3News on KIIITV.com:
- Corpus Christi PD: Officer shoots man during struggle after alleged catalytic converter theft attempt
- Lucky fisherman reels in two tagged red fishes as part of the CCA tournament
- No fireworks allowed, but you might see some light shows courtesy of bioluminescence at Padre Island National Seashore
- Dia De Los Muertos festival is back for 2021
- Texas leads nation in deaths caused by teen drivers
- Ages 12 and older can now get the COVID-19 vaccine in Nueces County. Here's what you need to know.