Breaking News
More () »

Fourth person arrested, charged with capital murder after brutal attack outside San Antonio hookah lounge

According to police documents, a witness recorded the entire ruthless attack on a cell phone.

SAN ANTONIO — Another arrest has been made four months after a vicious murder at a northeast-San Antonio hookah lounge, in which a 20-year-old man lost his life. 

Police had previously arrested 19-year-old Robert Ortiz, 22-year-old Nathan Sanchez and 20-year-old Aaron Trevino on capital murder charges, accusing them of killing Takhai Michael on May 29 in the parking lot of Blow Hookah Lounge, off Eisenhauer Road. 

On Wednesday, Arturo Reyes was also identified as a suspect, bringing the total number to four. Arrest records state Reyes was present at the shooting, where he allegedly assaulted the victim. 

RELATED: Three arrested in connection with brutal murder at hookah lounge

According to arrest records, Michael and his girlfriend were beat up and robbed by at least six people. When he fought back, he was shot multiple times in front of his girlfriend.

One of those suspects, police said, shot Michael with an AR-15 rifle while he was lying on the ground. He had already been shot multiple times.

According to police documents, a witness recorded the entire ruthless attack on a cell phone. That, and surveillance video, helped police track down the accused killers.

This all took place in the early morning hours of May 29. Michael and his girlfriend were in the parking lot of that hookah lounge when some kind of argument broke out.

RELATED: Shooting in hookah bar parking lot leaves one man dead; police search for suspects

SAPD said those suspects punched Michael while he was in the car, and tried to rob them. When Michael's girlfriend managed to get out of the car, Trevino pistol whipped her while Sanchez walked away with her purse.

That’s when Michael jumped out of the car and started chasing Sanchez, trying to get the purse back with his cell phone inside. Trevino then pulled out a handgun and fired multiple times, hitting Michael as he fell to the ground.

Authorities said Sanchez walked up to Michael, still lying on the ground, and fired more rounds at him using that AR-15.

All six of the suspects then got away, but in the weeks following the murder, police were able to track down some of those suspects who identified Sanchez and Trevino as the shooters. Two other suspects remain on the loose. 

Before You Leave, Check This Out