When you think of summertime barbecuing, you probably imagine putting hamburger meat or chicken on the grill. But what about watermelon?
The Takeout posted a recipe for a grilled watermelon burger with goat cheese and charred orange-fennel gremolata:
Makes four burgers
- 1 small orange
- 1 cup roughly chopped fennel fronds
- 1-2 fat cloves of garlic
- 2 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 4 slices of watermelon, 2" thick
- Olive oil
- Chevre or whatever cheese you like (I recommend sheep and goat cheeses)
- 4 square ciabatta buns, or a good crusty baguette cut into sandwich-sized portions
"Every aspect of this recipe is a gift that keeps on giving. You’re welcome," said The Takeout.
So, would you try it? Let us know in the comments under our video here:
See the full The Takeout's website here.