CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — 'Selena', the movie, was released Mar. 21, 1997, starring Jennifer Lopez and Edward James Olmos. It tells the story of Selena Quintanilla's rise to stardom in a male dominated Tejano music industry.
To celebrate the film's 25th anniversary, 'Selena' will be back in theaters nationwide starting on Apr. 7.
Several theaters will be showing the film. Click on the name of the theater for ticket information!
Tickets are available to purchase from Alamo Drafthouse and Cinemark Century 16 at this time. Tickets will be available at AMC soon.
This comes on the heels of a big announcement by Selena's family, that a new album will be released in April.
According to the Queen of Tejano's father, Abraham Quintanilla, 83, "beautiful arrangements" of his late daughter's songs will be on the album to be released by Warner Music.
"My son, AB, worked on this album," he said. "Some of the songs are done in ballads and some are cumbias. What's unique about it is not only is the music completely new arrangements, but my son worked on Selena's voice with the computers."
With Selena's family collaborating on the album, and the film returning to theaters, next month promises to be an exciting one.
More from 3News on KIIITV.com:
- Celebrating a Tejano music legend, 'Selena' returns to theaters for quarter-century anniversary
- Woman arrested after giving her newborn to stranger on the street, Corpus Christi police say
- Spring Break shooting injures three on Corpus Christi beach
- Survivor's powerful story of recovery & strength becomes focus of new documentary
- Spring Breaker billed almost $3K for water rescue after video shows he intentionally jumped off Cole Park Pier
- New federal grant will aid in the crackdown of drug trafficking in Bishop
Want to send us a news tip?
Put your name and contact information below so we can get in touch with you about your story should we have questions or need more information. We realize some stories are sensitive in nature. Let us know if you'd like to remain anonymous.
If you do not have a photo/video to submit, just click "OK" to skip that prompt.