SAN ANTONIO -- Patrons emptied out of a northeast-side nightclub early Saturday morning after firefighters say several boxes caught on fire.

The fire alarms sounded at the Midnight Rodeo, 12260 Nacogdoches, around 12:30 a.m.

San Antonio firefighters said some cardboard boxes in the back of the club were too close to a heating coil and caught on fire.

The blaze was quickly put out by sprinklers, firefighters said, but heavy smoke and water damage kept patrons from returning to the club.

Firefighters estimated the damage at around $10,000.

Read or Share this story: