San Antonio firefighters put out a two alarm fire that broke out Friday morning at a metal fabricating building east of downtown near the Alamodome.
The fire was at a building in the 300 block of Indiana Street just after 10 a.m. when employees noticed smoke coming from the attic, officials said.
More than thirty units were on the scene as of 11 a.m. at the Lone Star Tooling Solutions, which makes beds and furniture for the Bexar County Jail.
The 15 workers inside escaped harm.
The building was too unsafe structurally to enter, firefighters said. They were able to contain the flames and kept them from spreading to tanks of propane inside the warehouse.
Residents across the streets said flames could be seen shooting from the rooftop.
There have been no reports of any injuries, and nearby people were told to shelter in place.