DALLAS - An American Airlines flight bound for Chicago from Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport was returned to its gate after a disturbance on the plane ended with two flight attendants being transferred to a nearby hospital with injuries, the airline confirmedFriday morning in a statement.

Early unconfirmed reports from people reportedly on the plane began flooding the Internet in the morning. Reports said a flight attendant became irate, warning passengers over the public address system that the plane was going to crash. Another attendant reportedly denied the claims over the PA, asking passengers to dismiss the announcement.

The last thing she said (before they took the mic from her), Hey pilot, I m not going to be responsible for your crash, said Greg Lozano, a passenger on the flight.

Passengers on the flight helped subdue the attendant. One of those passengers, Brad LeClear, said she told him she was bipolar as he helped try to calm her, ABC reported.

Later in the morning, American Airlines released a report confirming Flight 2332 was returned to the gate and DPS officers were called to the scene.

Sources said the flight attendants injuries were not serious.

American Airlines said the cabin crew was replaced and the flight departed at 9:47 a.m.

Here is the full statement on the incident released by American Airlines Friday morning:

This morning Flight 2332 had left the gate at DFW bound for Chicago, when an incident occurred involving some of the cabin crew. The aircraft returned to the gate, where it was met by Department of Public Safety officers. Two flight attendants were taken to local hospitals for treatment. We continue to investigate the details and circumstances and will have no further comment at this time.

We will ensure that the affected flight attendants receive proper care, and we commend our other crew members for their assistance in quickly getting the aircraft back to the gate so that customers could be re-accommodated. Our customers were not in danger at any time.

The cabin crew was replaced. The flight departed for Chicago at 9:46 a.m., and is scheduled to land around noon. We apologize for any inconvenience to our customers and we appreciate their patience and understanding.

Read or Share this story: