LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

SAN ANTONIO -- Heat from a vacant-house fire caused the windows of a neighboring home to explode Wednesday morning, according to the San Antonio Fire Department. Firefighters said the family living next door to the fire made it out of their home safely.

Firefighters responded to reports of a fire in the 3800 block of W. Houston St., on the near west side around 5:45 a.m. Wednesday.

---->>>CLICK to see photos on your phone.

SAFD Fire Chief, Charles Hood, said the house was vacant and they did not believe anyone was inside.

A nearby utility pole was also on fire and sparking. CPS Energy sent a crew to temporarily shut off power to the area.

Damages were estimated at $65,000. firefighters said the home was a total loss.

Arson investigators were called to the scene to continue the investigation.

Read or Share this story: http://www.kens5.com/story/news/local/2014/06/27/10616642/