CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — Brett Favre's doctor says his recent ankle surgery went well and the quarterback has a few more weeks of rehabilitation before he'll decide if he'll return for a 20th NFL season.
Orthopedic surgeon Dr. James Andrews says there were no problems with last month's arthroscopic procedure, which removed scar tissue and bone spurs from Favre's left ankle.
Speaking after a luncheon at the Charlotte Touchdown Club on Wednesday, Andrews indicated he's been in frequent contact with Favre during his rehab and that he "hasn't decided what he wants to do."
Favre turns 41 in October. He has a contract with Minnesota that will pay him $13 million if he plays in the 2010 season.