SAN ANTONIO -- Fire erupted at a home in the 200 block of Shelburn Drive shortly after 8 p.m. Friday evening while the family was away at church.
Firefighters responded to the east-side home following reports from neighbors of smoking coming from the rear of the residence.
Within minutes, crews arrived and managed to extinguish the blaze before it caused any further damage.
Arson investigators were on the scene collecting any clues, but at this time, nothing suspicious was found. They believe the fire started in the room where the water heater is housed.
Damage is estimated at $50,000.
The San Antonio Area Chapter of the American Red Cross stepped in to lend aid to the family.