Texas mom's 'fidget spinner' post goes viral after daughter swallows one

THE WOODLANDS, Texas - The low-tech toys have been used to help children cope with anxiety and Attention Deficit Disorder, but they've become the latest craze.

They could potentially become a choking hazard, as one mom found out. Kelly Joniec of The Woodlands shared her story on Facebook.

She wrote that over the weekend her 10-year-old daughter, Britton, had put part of the spinner in her mouth to clean it.

Somehow, two of the metal bearings became loose, and one became lodged in the girl's throat.

The pieces are about the size of a quarter.

Joniec said Britton ended up having to have surgery to get it removed, and she is reportedly doing fine.

Her post has been shared more than 700,000 times, with many other parents suggesting you should also check out the quality of a fidget spinner before you buy.

© 2017 KENS-TV


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment