Credit: Antonio Morano / Special to Kens5.com
SAN ANTONIO (AP) -- Tim Duncan had 19 points and 10 rebounds, Tony Parker scored 14 and the San Antonio Spurs coasted past the Phoenix Suns 105-91 on Saturday night.
The Spurs officially clinched the Southwest Division, but more importantly, stayed neck-and-neck with Oklahoma City for the No. 1 playoff seed in the Western Conference. San Antonio remains a game behind the Thunder with eight games to go.
Sebastian Telfair scored 21 points for Phoenix, which simply wants to make the postseason. Yet the Suns never looked ready to play from the start and slipped 1 1/2 games behind Denver and Houston for the West's eighth and final playoff spot.
Phoenix trailed by 17 before the first quarter was even halfway finished, and Steve Nash and Grant Hill sat out the entire second half.
- PHOTOS: O'Connor drops Game 1 to Corpus Christi King
- PHOTOS: Spurs close out Warriors to advance to Western Conference finals
- PHOTOS: Accordians come alive at 23rd Tejano Conjunto Festival
- PHOTOS: Warbirds dust off their wings at Hondo Army Air Field Fly-In
- PHOTOS: Alamo Heights takes series lead over Kerrville Tivy
- PHOTOS: Tornado outbreak slams North Texas