SAN ANTONIO - The Celebrate 300 New Year's Eve event will kick off a year of celebrations for the city's Tricentennial.
The festival is at Hemsifair Park and will feature live music on two stages, movies, family activities and a fireworks show at midnight.
The gates open at 4:00 p.m. Sunday and the festival ends after the midnight fireworks spectacular. Food vendors will be located along Alamo Street.
City officials have said the event will be rain or shine. It is free and open to the public.
See below for the full schedule.
• The Yanaguana Garden at Hemisfair will be transformed into the Tricentennial Garden area and will feature family-friendly activities and acts including:
Yanaguana Garden Outdoor Theater
- 6 p.m. Home Alone
- 8 p.m. BIG
- 10:15 p.m. National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation
Magik Theatre, 420 S. Alamo
- 6:30 p.m. The Best Christmas Pageant Ever
- 8:30 p.m. A Christmas Carol
• Two stages at Hemisfair will feature local, regional and national award winning performers as follows:
- 4:15 p.m. Sam Riggs
- 5:05 p.m. BillyRay Sheppard
- 5:50 p.m. Mayor Nirenberg delivers brief remarks
- 6 p.m. Flaco Jimenez Y Su Conjunto
- 6:30 p.m. Presentation of Colors
- 6:35 p.m. Little Joe Y La Familia
- 7:45 p.m. The Last Bandoleros
- 9 p.m. Pat Benatar & Neil Giraldo
- 10:25 p.m. Mayor Nirenberg and County Judge Wolff deliver brief remarks
- 10:45 p.m. REO Speedwagon
- 11:59 p.m. Mayor Nirenberg and family lead the countdown to 2018
12:00 a.m. -Midnight Fireworks Spectacular
© 2018 KENS-TV