KIRBY, Texas - A Fourth of July celebration may have ruined a family's home. Now, fire investigators are trying to determine if fireworks sparked a house fire in Kirby.
Fires that start in garages are not uncommon. But a fire that starts in a garage because of fireworks, that may be the issue here.
The blaze broke out before 10 p.m. Tuesday night in the 5100 block of Gordon Cooper Drive.
Everyone got out safely but there were reports that the homeowners heard fireworks popping before the fire started. As a matter of fact, witnesses could see fireworks going off in the sky as firefighters fought the blaze.
The Bexar County Fire Marshal's Office will have the final say on the cause of the fire.
It is illegal to sell, possess or discharge fireworks in the city of Kirby. The fine for doing so can be up to $2,000.
© 2017 KENS-TV