Fire engulfs Tapatio Springs resort

A resort and country club in Boerne is a total loss after suffering a major fire Saturday night.

 

 

Kendall County fire crews and the Boerne volunteer fire department battled the structure fire at the Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort in Boerne.

Witnesses started reporting seeing flames around 7:30 Saturday evening. One club employee says the fire allegedly started in the wall of the kitchen.

Flames then began to engulf the golf clubhouse, restaurant, and bar. One building has collapsed. 

Representatives for the resort released a statement Saturday evening, stating that the clubhouse building is a "total loss."

There were reportedly about 50 people were inside the restaurant, including staff. No injuries have been reported.

Read the full statement from Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort below:

"We are so sorry to report that a fire started in the Clubhouse this evening and the building is a total loss. We are tremendously grateful for our staff, guests, members and the fire departments that responded quickly, cleared the building to ensure everyone’s safety, and have provided so much to Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort.
No phones are currently being answered on 
property as our switch room is located in the Clubhouse.

We are currently preparing a Guest Service Center in Building One - the original front desk area under the George Strait Suite and just across the main Resort access road from the 9th fairway. This Center will have a phone line as soon as possible and we will update this post."

© 2017 KENS-TV


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment