The Bexar County Sheriff's Office announced Monday that they had reached an agreement on collective bargaining with the Deputy Sheriff’s Association after months of negotiating.
In a press release, James Keith BCSO PIO said in addition to measures that ensure accountability and quality work performance, the contract features new benefits for the membership, which include:
- 15% raise for Detention Officers and Detention Corporals over 4-years
- 16.25% raise for Detention Sergeants and above and all Law Enforcement Tier
- $500.00 lump sum bonus
- Critical Incident Response pay of $50 per month for SERT, SWAT, and ERT, and Negotiators
- Certification pay for detention personnel certified by the American Jail Association or American Correctional Association
- $25.00 per week for Detention and Patrol Training Officers
- Suspension of spousal insurance surcharge
The agreement will take effect once it is approved by Bexar County Commissioners Court and ratified by the DSABC membership, Keith said.