SAN ANTONIO -- A woman has been hospitalized with second and first degree burns after the halfway house she was staying at caught fire early Thursday morning.
San Antonio firefighters said the fire started in a group residence in the 1300 block of Norfleet Street around 1 a.m.
Residents were able to wake up a woman who was sleeping in one of the rooms, firefighters said, although she was later taken to San Antonio Military Medical Center for burns to her hand and face.
Firefighters said the blaze appears to be accidental and may have been sparked by a lit cigarette.
Damage was estimated at $20,000.