A stroke of luck kept a fire from burning down a convenience store.
The fire started just after 2 a.m. Monday inside the Sam's Food Mart in the 700 block of Cincinnati Ave.
S.A. firefighters say the fire began in a back corner, directly below a plastic pipe used for plumbing.
When the pipe melted, the water inside leaked out and extinguished the fire before it could spread to the rest of the building.
The store was closed at the time of the fire and nobody was hurt.
Damage is estimated at $5000.