SAN ANTONIO -- A malfunctioning dishwasher caused a fire at a north-side apartment early Sunday morning, firefighters say.
All residents inside an apartment complex in the 7800 block of Callaghan were evacuated after the blaze started in one of the apartments around 3:40 a.m.
San Antonio firefighters quickly put out the blaze, which investigators said started from a dishwater.
Damage was estimated around $5,000.
The Red Cross was called to help the family displaced by the fire.
All other residents were able to return to their apartments.