If you have pressing business to take care of, you might want to put a rush on that Wednesday since most offices will be closed on Thanksgiving Day and also on Black Friday.
- San Antonio City Hall and most municipal offices will be closed both Thursday and Friday, Nov. 24-26.
- Other surrounding municipal offices, such as New Braunfels, Olmos Park, Alamo Heights, Castroville, etc. are also closed both Thursday and Friday.
- Bexar County, the State of Texas offices, and Federal offices are closed Thursday and Friday.
- All Postal services (mail delivery and offices) will be closed Thursday only . The Airport Mail Facility on John Saunders will close at 10 p.m. Wed, but reopen on Friday, Nov. 25, when mail delivery services will also resume. Express Mail with holiday postage will be delivered though.
- NO TRASH PICKUP on Thursday, but they will be working as usual on Friday.
- The Bitters Brush Recycling Center and Household Hazardous Waste Facilities are closed Thursday and Friday.
- All San Antonio libraries are closed both Thursday and Friday, but will be open on Saturday, Nov. 27.
- Municipal Court on S. Frio is closed Thursday and Friday.
- Animal Care Services is also closed Thursday and Friday. However, the Animal Defense League at 11300 Nacogdoches will be open, and they are having a Black Friday adoption event. Call them at 210-655-1481 for information, or go to: www.adltexas.org.
- City Base, Las Palmas, McCreless, Oak Ridge Plaza, South Park Mall and Valley View Community Link Service Centers will be closed Thursday and Friday.
- All municipal golf courses and facilities will be open Thursday and Friday.
- Institute of Texan Cultures is closed Thursday, but reopens Friday.
- San Antonio Museum of Art, the Witte Museum ad the McNay Art Museum are closed Thursday, but open Friday.
- Mission San Jose is closed Thursday.
- To find out about other city services, call 311.
- The Alamo is open every day, except Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
- The San Antonio Zoo is open 365 days a year..
- SeaWorld is open 12 p.m. to 9 p.m. Thursday.
- Many River Walk restaurants will be open for the Thanksgiving holidays. Check the list at : http://www.thesanantonioriverwalk.com/events/restaurants-open-on-thanksgiving-day/
- You'll want to plan to attend the downtown Ford Holiday River Parade and Lighting Ceremony, Friday, Nov. 25 from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- San Antonio dead animal collection crews, animal care officers, and police, fire and EMS personnel will be on duty as usual
While downtown over the holidays make sure you check out the storefront lighting displays. Mayor
Julián Castro is hosting a Light Up Downtown Holiday Contest where businesses compete to see who can make the most impressive presentation. Anyone can go online to vote for their favorite at www.lightupdowntownsa.com between Friday, November 26 and Sunday, December 11. There are about 30 businesses participating in the inaugural holiday contest. Storefront decals will include a Quick Response (QR) Code that will instantly link you to the voting site via your smartphone.