SOMERSET, Texas -- San Antonio Water System issued a boil notice for Somerset residents on Monday after a water main break. The boil notice is expected to extend through Tuesday.
Many Somerset residents turned on their faucets to low water pressure after a gas contractor broke through a water main and gas line south of Loop 1604 on Somerset Road.
Residents are urged to boil water to ensure proper destruction of all harmful bacteria. Water for drinking, cooking and ice making should be boiled and cooled.
The loss of water pressure could also result in air pockets in the system and residents should open faucets to allow water to run to drain any remaining air pockets. SAWS officials recommend turning off ice makers until the boil water notice is lifted.
Bottled water is available to residents at Somerset City Hall.