SAN ANTONIO -- Two people were taken to the hospital after a vehicle smashed through a garage door and sparked a two-house fire on the city's northeast side, firefighters say.
The two homes in the 12300 block of Constitution Street went up in flames around 4:45 p.m.
San Antonio firefighters said a vehicle crashed through the garage door and back wall of the garage, hitting a gas line and igniting the blaze.
The driver of the vehicle was taken to an area hospital with severe burns, firefighters said.
Another person inside one of the homes was also taken to a hospital, firefighters said, although their condition was not immediately known.
Neighbors stood outside the burning homes and watched as firefighters kept flames from spreading even farther.
A persistent flame continued to burn from one of the homes nearly an hour after the fire was first reported.