Electrical fire barely misses igniting ammunition stored in local home

Print
Email
|

by Kens5.com Staff

kens5.com

Posted on February 17, 2013 at 7:29 PM

Updated Monday, Feb 18 at 7:44 AM

SAN ANTONIO -- Three people evacuated a home on the 1400 block of West Pyron Avenue due to an electrical fire. 

According to San Antonoi firefighters, the blaze originated at a refrigerator unit in the back of the house and spread through most of the building.

Firefighters said a substantial amount of guns and ammunition were stored in the back of the home. Fortunately, the fire did not ignite that ammunition.

No injuries were reported. 

The home, however, was completely destroyed. Damage was estimated around $60,000.

Print
Email
|