Seguin police officers raided several convenience stores Tuesday that they said they believe were a part of a large gambling ring.
Police alleged that many of the gas stations were paying out “sizable cash rewards” to customers who gambled on their machines in violation of state law.
The department's Special Crimes Unit conducted a simultaneous sting on seven locations around the city following several months of investigation.
- Quickee Bee's Gas Station #2, 820 E. Kingsbury
- Texas Cooler, 506 N. Austin St.
- Ice House Gas Station, 1011 N. St Hwy 123 Bypass
- Quick Pick Food Mart No 2, 1017 W. Court St.
- Lil Super, 953 W. Court St.
- Raymonds Corner Stop, 704 San Antonio Ave.
- 3000 block of Saddlehorn Dr.
SPD issued seven arrest warrants to the owners of the buildings. The cases remain under investigation.