SAN ANTONIO – New body camera footage shows two San Antonio police officers helping victims from a burning apartment building.

The video even captures the officers climbing on top of a police cruiser to make sure one woman escaped.

It is not uncommon for officers to get victims to safety during a fire, but you rarely get the opportunity to see images in action. Thanks to the body cameras, you get the see rescue through a different lens.

South patrol officers Michael Brewer and Emilio De La Rosa responded to an emergency call for a fire in the 600 block of Riverside Drive.

Immediately, they notice a woman on the carport next to a burning apartment building.

In the video, you hear Brewer telling the woman to get down and asking if anyone else is inside the burning home. You then see him head to his patrol car while Officer De La Rosa searches for fire victims.

"(Knocks on one door) Hey, who's in here? Let's go man cmon. Who else’s is in here," De la Rosa said in the video.

In the video, you can see Brewer parked his unit next to the burning building and climbed up onto the roof with De La Rosa's help. On top of a carport, Brewer searched for the fire victim and got her down.

“Everybody's clear? Everybody's out of the house?” Brewer said.

“Yeah, everybody's out,” the victim responded.

“Okay, get away. Fire's on the scene. They got to put it out get away. Go go go!" Brewer said.

As smoke billowed from the building, De La Rosa made sure everyone was clear of the fire. During his search, he checked for Brewer.

“Mike! Mike, where you at? Mike, where you at?" De la Rosa said.

In the video, you can see Brewer signaling him with his flashlight that all is well. Then the fire victim began to tell the officer what she knows.

“What happened?” Brewer asked.

“I don't know. I was sitting there watching TV and it sounded like people were throwing firecrackers,” the victim said in the footage. “And I kept looking around, looking around and I couldn't see nobody. And, then that fire started all of a sudden, maybe one ended on top. I don't know."

Fire investigators determined the fire started on the second floor of the building and the cause was electrical wire malfunction.