Hundreds of people were attending the Michael Jackson ONE show in Las Vegas Sunday night when the shooting began.

They were in the same casino as the attack.

Yvonne Meza wanted to take a vacation with her younger sister to make some good memories but when she returned to San Antonio on Monday, she said those terrible memories of last night were the ones that would likely stick with her forever.

"We were watching the Michael Jackson One show at the Mandalay Bay Hotel and the show got cut," said Meza. "They stopped everything and we didn't know what was going on."

She said her sister went out to use the bathroom, and that's when she found out about the horror happening not that many feet away.

"When she went out there there were a bunch of cops out there screaming at patrons to go back inside, shut the door, and get in there." Meza said.

Meza said she'd never felt fear like that before.

"It was scary. Hearts were beating. I had a headache just from the stress and the fear," she said.

Like most attending the show, that's when they turned to their phones.

"I guess it was about 1 o'clock our time when I was texting my husband and my boys just letting them know what we heard and what was going on," Meza said.

Not knowing if it would be her last communication with her family she texted them, "There is an active shooter in the casino. We are locked in the theater. I love you with all my heart."

Almost two hours later her son Alec responded, "All over the news here. Love you Mom."

Meza immediately responded that she loved him too.

"At one time there was an employee who was trying to get into the doors that were being guarded by the police. And at that time everybody panic dropped to the floor and it was just terrifying," Meza said.

Her husband joined the conversation at 3:20 a.m. Sunday, roughly two hours after her first text. For an hour he had heard nothing and just wanted any kind of sign she was okay. Then finally at 4:12 a.m. Meza told her family they were safe and being evacuated.