The future of two children whose father is accused of capital murder remains unclear.

Armando Garcia-Ramires allegedly shot and killed his 15-year-old stepdaughter in March, then turned the gun on himself, but survived.

KENS 5's cameras were inside the courtroom during Tuesday's custody hearing.

Right now, the murder suspect's two children are in a shelter. They remain in CPS custody.

As the court decides who will raise these children, one thing is clear: Officials wish to keep them together.

Armando Garcia-Ramires is accused of killing his pregnant 15-year-old stepdaughter, Jennifer Delgado, on March 6 inside a home on the 1100 block of Babcock Road.

The unborn child, also believed to be fathered by Ramires, did not survive.

After the shooting, investigators say that Garcia-Ramires turned the gun on himself, but survived a bullet to the chin.

A 1-year-old boy was found unharmed inside the home. Officials believe that he's the son of the murder suspect, but DNA evidence was not ready in court on Tuesday.

"I attempted to visit [Garcia-Ramires] twice, but I was not allowed to see him. Once at the hospital, once in Bexar County [Jail]," CPS caseworker Jennifer Ryan said.

Garcia-Ramires also has a 9-year-old girl with a different woman, Maria Alcoser, who is undergoing therapy sessions to be a fit candidate as a legal guardian.

"For Ms. Alcoser, she has started individual therapy. She has started parenting classes and she's also doing family therapy,” Ryan said.

Alcoser has until December to show that she is ready to care for the two children. In the meantime, her son, a 32-year-old attorney who lives in Mexico, has also volunteered to take on that responsibility.

"Let's get this placement going right away. Let's try and stabilize these children and provide the therapy that's necessary," said Charles Montemayor, an associate judge of the Children's Court Division & Programs of Bexar County.

Garcia-Ramires is charged with capital murder. On Tuesday, his attorney told KENS 5 off camera that his client remains in solitary confinement inside the Bexar County Jail.

Another review for this case is scheduled for September.