SAN ANTONIO – New playoff series, new bets to be made.
Now that the San Antonio Spurs are going head-to-head with the Golden State Warriors in the Western Conference Finals, new bets are in progress between San Antonio and California.
This time it’s between rival Six Flags.
Six Flags Discovery Kingdom in Vallejo, California and Six Flags Fiesta Texas have made a bet hinging on their respected teams win in the Spurs-Warriors series.
“We love our Spurs and we love San Antonio,” said Jeffrey Seibert, park president at Six Flags Fiesta Texas. “This fun wager will be exciting for our guests, and we cannot wait to see our sister park, Six Flags Discovery Kingdom, pay up when we celebrate yet another San Antonio Spurs’ playoff series victory!”
Prior to Game 1, the parks’ officials put up a wager that, in defeat, might be a little hard to swallow.
Should the Warriors beat the Spurs:
· Fiesta Texas will change the name of their Iron Rattler wood and steel coaster to “Iron Warriors” for a weekend;
· Ride crews will wear Warriors t-shirts and cheer the team on in their ride spiel;
· The Park President will wear a Stephen Curry jersey all weekend long and;
· A food basket featuring San Antonio’s famous chips, salsa and guacamole will be sent to Discovery Kingdom.
Should the Spurs beat the Warriors:
· Discovery Kingdom will change the name of their Medusa coaster to “The Spur” for a weekend;
· Ride crews will don Spurs t-shirts and cheer the Spurs during their ride spiel;
· The Park President will wear a Kawhi Leonard jersey all weekend long and;
· A food basket featuring San Francisco’s own Boudin sourdough bread and Ghirardelli chocolates will be sent to Fiesta Texas.